ACCREDITATIONS & QUALITY
SC21 Silver certified for total peace of mind.
In September 2015 we went from SC21 Bronze status to Silver Status. To achieve this we were audited on our Business Excellence and Manufacturing Excellence and had to achieve an On Time Delivery figure for a rolling 12 months of greater than 95% and a Quality Performance figure for a rolling 12 months of greater than 99.5%.
What is SC21?
SC21 (Supply Chain for the 21st Century) is a Change programme designed to accelerate the competitiveness of the Aerospace & Defence industry by raising the performance of its supply chains. International competition, together with the challenges posed by the defence industrial strategy, necessitates rapid improvement in the effectiveness of our supply chains. At the same time, industry must ensure that it delivers competitive solutions for customers whilst maintaining profitable business growth. Since 2006, SC21 has seen companies benefitting from a large range of improvements and savings, such as:
- Reduced overheads from implementing Business Excellence and lean principles through the Business Excellence and Manufacturing Excellence tools,
- Operational improvements with minimal costs to the business
- Increased competitiveness
- Leaner production
- Cost reduction
- Lower set-up times
Signatories to SC21 are committed to developing supply chains to ensure they remain competitive and able to deliver increased value to customers.
SC21 signatory companies are committed to:
- A new SC21 business culture: No matter what our role or position in a supply chain, we are determined to effect fundamental business transformation. We will work openly and transparently, through sharing information and working collaboratively, to deliver benefits across the industry. We will avoid duplication and waste.
- Delivering innovation: We will build on success to enable our industry to be a leader in the development of competitive value chains. We will pursue the most competitive solutions for our customers, by accessing innovation and specialist expertise. We will encourage innovation and investment of all types throughout the supply chain, achieved through providing a more trusting and open environment.
- Through-life solutions: Total through-life cost is of paramount importance to our customers. We will involve all functions of the supply chain, for example: procurement, engineering and finance, throughout the project, product or service lifecycle. Transparency will be encouraged, with more planning and forecast data made available using bid conferences, project conferences and other means of communication.
- Delivering the SC21 plan: As a signatory to this action plan, we accept that our adherence to the commitments will be tested annually and that our performance will be measured and published. We will help in the development of this plan by sharing experiences.
- Leadership: We will encourage colleagues in the industry, including our customers and suppliers, to join SC21 as both signatories and active participants.
- Ethical practices: We will ensure that all business is conducted in a principled manner, with the highest degree of personal and business integrity.
- Increased pace of change: Our rate of change and improvement will be at an accelerated pace. Signatories will work together to harmonise how supply chains are developed, how accreditation occurs, how performance is measured and how relationships are improved.